updated:
Added by Tipple in Music > Lossless

Download Fast Safe Anonymous
movies, software, shows...
  • Downloads: 390
  • Language: English

Files

Cyndi Lauper - At Last
  • Cyndi Lauper - Cyndi Lauper At Last.cue (1.9 KB)
  • Cyndi Lauper - Cyndi Lauper At Last.flac (241.1 MB)
  • Front.png (82.4 KB)
  • Torrent Downloaded From.txt (0.1 KB)

Description

At Last is a 2003 album by American singer Cyndi Lauper. It made the top 40 of the album charts in both the United States and Australia. The album features a duet with Tony Bennett on "Makin' Whoopee". Lauper co-produced the album with Russ Titelman. The album consists of a collection of cover versions of jazz standards songs, in addition to a cover of a contemporary song, re-arranged into a Jazz song.

The girl who just wanted to have fun has matured into a sensitive interpreter of eclectic standards. Taking a cue from Rod Stewart Cyndi Lauper applies her formidable pipes to an eclectic collection of covers that range from a few Edith Piaf tunes ("La Vie En Rose" and "Hymn to Love") to classics from the songbooks of Bacharach/David, Etta James, and Smokey Robinson. Although there are some upbeat tracks such as the remarkably authentic Specials-styled ska of a radically reworked "Sunny Side of the Street," a rather forced but fun duet with Tony Bennett on "Makin’ Whoopee," and the cha-cha, Ricky Ricardo-ized version of Maurice Williams & the Zodiacs' "Stay," the album predominantly floats in a sober, pensive mood. Piano and subtle orchestrations add tension to sensitive readings of "Unchained Melody," "Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood," and an eerily somber "Walk on By." The effect is haunting and intimate as Lauper unleashes her inner Tori Amos. Shifting "You’ve Really Got a Hold on Me" into an aching ballad, the singer shows her remarkable vocal range and interpretive ability. Lauper's voice sparkles throughout, especially without the overproduction that has marred some of her previous efforts. As its title infers, At Last finally shows her true colors.

Tracks

1."At Last"  

2."Walk On By"  

3."Stay"  

4."La Vie en Rose"  

5."Unchained Melody"  

6."If You Go Away"  

7."Until You Come Back to Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)"  

8."My Baby Just Cares for Me"  

9."Makin' Whoopee" (Duet with Tony Bennett)

10."Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood"  

11."You've Really Got a Hold on Me"  

12."Hymn to Love"  

13."On the Sunny Side of the Street"  

Download torrent
241.2 MB
seeders:4
leechers:0
Cyndi Lauper - At Last

Trackers

tracker name
udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce